Thursday 31 July 2008

More Island Scenes






Just a few more pictures of the Island. I haven't taken the above photos....I just 'borrow ' them from my friendly local photographer's website.......saves me tramping around the Island! The old post box....well there are quite a few of these around the Isle of Man....well over 100 years old. The V R ?...That is Victoria Regina......Queen Victoria. So this box was installed during her reign. There is one in Peel, just 1 minute from my house set into an old stone wall. Yet another view of Peel, this time from the Castle and a picture of a Victorian steam train...still running daily since the 1890's. Get a load of the brasswork.....lots of elbow grease there!!! And a photo of the ruins of St German's Cathedral in the grounds of Peel Castle. .....Don't forget , you can enlarge any picture by double clicking on it .....and save it to file if you want to print it .

No comments: