Friday 25 July 2008

Somewhere in Time........!




Just a few more pictures going back, well, quite a few years .. The single line railway track, on which my son is 'playing at trains ' has now gone and is now the Heritage Trail between Peel and Douglas.....the path I cycle along. I like my mother's outfit in the horse picture [ this was when she still lived on the farm ] .....you never know, that style may make a come back .!! My Grandparent's photo, outside the little hill farm where they all lived .........well, obviously it was all planned....kids are in their Sunday best and the photographer must have come up from the nearest town...probably Castletown . As stated on the picture , three of the kids eventually left the Island to settle in Topeka Ks. along with Wilfred, the youngest, yet to be born. I know some of those who may view this blog, that this will be of no interest to them whatsoever, but there will be some family members , here and in the US, who may like to read my little stories.

As I add more items to this account, earlier posts drop off the bottom and go into an ' older posts ' file. Just click 'older posts ' at the bottom of this page and that file will open . Also , if anyone wishes to, they can enlarge any photo by double clicking on it . And if any one would like to leave a comment on any of the posts, please feel free to do so.....no rude ones please....lol

Weather here today....warm , a bit close [ humid ] and a warm sea breeze.. I must admit, as some of you know , I don't like the warm weather, I would rather shiver than sweat.....and it plays havoc with my hay fever,...I sniffle and sneeze and wheeze all summer long.

Anyway , to all my faithful viewers, keep logging in ....you never know what fascinating, interesting and unforgettable snippets of information you may find here ......lol !

And if Ron and Elaine should read this blog, well, hope you and your family are all well over there ....and what do you think of Katie now? [ video ].

No comments: