Tuesday 12 August 2008

Manx Films




Thank you , my Kansas cousin for your comments. Manx films ?....far too many to mention here. Put ........Isle of Man Film ....... into Google. You'll find all the info you want. The Isle of Man film industry, set up by the Goverment , is quite a large concern these days , [ watch out Hollywood ] not producing films but offering services , location advice, financial help, everything to do with films, in fact, in order to attract film companies to the Island

I too, liked the Shergar film, based on the true story of a famous Irish race horse that disappeared without trace. There were quite a few shots in Peel ....one of the chemist shop I use !!

Since you mention the Ned Divine film..I have put a picture of the cottage at the Niarbyl where he supposedly lived and a picture of the hamlet of Cregneash where a lot of the action took place

Incidentally , for any students of Manx Gaelic who may read this [ ha ha ! you never know, there may be one somewhere ] Niarbyl is another way of saying 'Yn Arbyl ' meaning ' the tail ' , referring to a long reef of rocks that juts out into the sea at this spot. Notice the cannon on the wall. I am sfraid I know nothing about this .could have been salvaged from an old shipwreck at this point at one time.
[ I must find out ! ].... ..... Hope you are enjoying my little stories .

No comments: