Wednesday 13 August 2008

The Manx Glens














I mentioned the Island's glens in the previous post . Well, here are a few pictures from the many glens scattered about the Isle of Man . I realize there are much nicer and more dramatic views and places elsewhere , especially in the States, but the Isle of Man crams quite a lot into a small area. We have our hills and glens, a rocky coast line with many sandy beaches and bays, heather clad moorland, rivers and meadowland.... so its not too bad for such a small island.....and it's a nice place to live , but of course, I am biased . Hope whoever is looking this blog likes the pictures though I must add, most of them were taken by someone else and I 'borrow ' them from his web site....I am sure he won't mind! I must try and add some more of my own efforts soon . By the way, ...for any potential Manx Gaelic students, glen.. in Manx is ....glion...pronounced ...'gludden '

You may notice that in one of the pictures there is a palm tree. [ Summerhill Glen ] Now for such a cold, wet, gale lashed little island, these palms grow everywhere ....no coconuts though!! Isn't the Isle of Man the strangest place !!

No comments: